Do you want a sparkling clean home this spring? We’ve got you covered. Kick-off Spring with this handy spring cleaning checklist.
Spring Cleaning Checklist
Here’s what you need to do to tackle every room in your house from, bedrooms and bathrooms to the kitchen and living room.
- Wipe down walls, window sills, doors and door casings, and baseboards
- Vacuum or wash air vents
- Wash or vacuum window treatments (drapes, etc.)
- Dust blinds
- Clean windows (inside and out)
- Dust and shine overhead lights
- Replace burnt light bulbs
- Dust or vacuum light fixtures and lampshades
- Clean pantry (throw out old items & wipe the shelves)
- Clean kitchen cabinets (inside & out)
- Deep clean the oven
- Vacuum and mop behind the refrigerator (don’t forget to vacuum the coils)
- Deep clean the inside of the fridge and wipe down the outside
Living or Family Room
- Dust and shine mirrors, frames, and decorative items
- Vacuum upholstery
- Dust furniture and fixtures
- Wash any throw pillows and blankets
- Dust and polish furniture
- Vacuum and shampoos carpets (clean hard floor surfaces, if applicable)
- Wash all bedding and throw pillows
- Flip or rotate the mattress
- Purge unwanted or unused items in closets or under beds
- Clean and disinfect tub or shower
- Run bathmats through the washing machine
- Dust and replace decorative items
- Wash or replace shower liners or curtains
- Discard old or expired makeup and clean the holders
Other Spring Cleaning Checklist Items for the Home
- Change batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Inspect all electronics. Make sure the cords are in good shape and plugged into a surge protector
- Check the expiration date on fire extinguishers
- Sweep front and back porch or decks
- Store winter items (clothes, decorations, etc.)
- Disinfect and clean computer keyboard and mouse.
- Update your first aid kits.
- Toss out expired medications
- Dry clean any winter clothes or necessary items
- Donate any unused clothes or household goods to local community organizations
When cleaning, it’s important to use proper cleaning solutions. Some contain chemicals that can be hazardous to your health if mixed. Learn about cleaning products that don’t go together. If you want to make the spring cleaning even easier for you, hire a professional cleaner to do the job.
Need Help Relocating?
Are you planning to relocate and need help moving out of your old home and into the new one? Our team can help. We’re serious about what we do. RL Maxon Moving treats everything we move as if it were a fine piece of china or your most precious heirloom. Whether you are moving next door or out of state, you’re safe with us. Call today. 479.756.0850